26th International Competition of Musical Performance for Guitar
Mottola (ITALY) July 9 – 11, 2020
First Prize 3.500,00 €:
- “City of Mottola” Prize 1.500,00 €
- “Lions Club Massafra-Mottola Le Cripte” Prize 1.500,00 €
- "Musique et Memoire" - Prize dedicated to Roland Dyens and Mariagrazia Agrusti-Durante - 500€*
"dotGuitar Prize" Recording contract with dotGuitar WebLabel for the distribution of a CD for guitar on major digital distribution channels worldwide.
“EuroStrings - European Guitar Festival Collaborative” Prize
The winner of our Competition will be part of the EuroStrings Artist project. The project provides for a concert tour in the 17 European Guitar Festivals of the EuroStrings platform:
International Guitar Festival Nuertingen - Germany
London Guitar Festival - England
Zagreb Guitar Festival – Croatia
International Festival Of Guitar José Tomás Villa De Petrer - Spain
Internationales Gitarrenfestival Rust - Austria
Szeged Guitar Festival - Hungary
Sarajevo International Guitar Festival – Bosnia
Twents GitaarFestival – The Netherlands
Nikšić Guitar Festival - Montenegro
Tampere Guitar Festival - Finland
Tallinn Guitar Festival - Estonia
Festival Internacional de Guitarra de Guimarães – Portugal
Antwerpen Gitaarfestival – Belgium
Harmonia Cordis International Guitar Festival – Romania
Uppsala International Guitar Festival – Sweden
GuitArt Festival Plovdiv - Bulgaria
International Guitar Festival Mottola - Italy
- “City of Mottola” Prize 1.000,00 €
- “Savarez Prize”
- “City of Mottola” Prize 500,00 €
- “Savarez Prize”
* Prize offered by Giorgio and Alvise Durante.
1) The competition will take place from July 9 to 11, 2020 in Mottola (Ta) and it is open to guitarists of all nationalities if born after January 1, 1985.
2) The competition will follow three steps:
a) Preliminary round: (Thursday) July 9, 2020 - 9.00 a.m.;
b) Semifinal round: (Friday) July 10, 2020;
c) Final round – July 11, 2020.
d) Prize-giving – July 11, 2020
3) Required pieces:
a) two Studies chosen between “Douze Estudes” by Heitor Villa Lobos (taken from the editions of Max Eschig 6679 or Max Eschig/Durand DF15851)
b) 5 free choice minutes.
a) one composition of the following list:
Mauro Giuliani - Gran Sonata Eroica; Sonata in Do magg. Op. 15; Rossiniane;
Niccolò Paganini - Grande Sonata in La maggiore;
Fernando Sor - Sonata op. 22; Sonata op. 25;
Benjamin Britten - Nocturnal Op.70;
Mario Castelnuovo Tedesco – Sonata;
Alberto Ginastera - Sonata op. 47;
Joaquin Turina - Sonata;
H. Villa Lobos - Suite Populaire Brasilienne;
Antonio José - Sonata;
Dusan Bogdanovic - Jazz Sonata;
Leo Brouwer - Sonata;
Roland Dyens - Libra Sonatine;
Carlo Domeniconi – Koyunbaba;
Angelo Gilardino - Lettere a Fryderyk;
Andrew York - Numen Suite;
Máximo Diego Pujol - Elegía por la muerte de un tanguero;
20 free choice minutes (you cannot repeat pieces performed in the previous stages of the competition).
- bank transfer: account c/c n.20850 - IBAN code number is IBAM IT 67 M 05385 78980 000000020850 at Banca Popolare di Puglia e Basilicata – Agenzia di Mottola. Bank changes must be paid by the sender;
- international postal order.
Both of them must be addressed to Ass. M. & C. “Accademia della Chitarra” - Via V. Sansonetti n. 64 – 74017 - Mottola (TA) - Italy.
5) The entry fee won’t be paid back under any circumstances and implies the unconditional acceptance of the present regulations. Pay attention, please: no foreign bank cheque can be sent to the Accademy. If this will happen, they’ll be sent to the sender.
6) Please write your registration to the computer (see the file on-line). Scheme of the registration: surname and first name, date of birth, address, nationality, telephone and fax number, e-mail, date, signature.
7) The registration form must be presented within June 18, 2020.
8) The winner of the First Prize will have to send at the head office of the Competition the following material, not later than 10 months after winning (or risk losing the prize):
a) n.2 copies of the master (tracks WAV, 16bit, 44100Hz, Stereo);
b) the tracklist of the CD with its exact minutes;
c) some pictures for the cover (free choice);
The organizing staff of the Competition will evaluate the technical quality of the recordings in collaboration with the sound technicians of the dotGuitar WebLabel. Recordings of low quality or unsuitable to be published will be rejected.
9) The present regulation has its own legal value in its Italian version.
10) For any controversy, Taranto court is the competent court.
11) As for the stay, the '"Academy of Guitar" recommends to those who don't have a car to arrive by train to the station of Gioia del Colle (BARI). CECERE Hotel will provide a shuttle bus service from the station of Gioia del Colle to the hotel, there will be a fee for this service.
From CECERE Hotel there will be a free shuttle bus to participate in all the activities of the Festival. You'll find on our website www.mottolafestival.com all the details on all partner hotels with the Festival.